PreKote is an easy-to-use, all-in-one surface pretreatment product. This product provides superior paint adhesion, improved flexibility, and advanced corrosion protection for all paintable surfaces, while being completely safe and hazard-free.
PreKote was created to replace both chromate and non-chromate conversion coating systems. It replaces acid etches, solvent washes, and other toxic substances used on metal and composite substrates prior to priming and painting. It can also be used as an adhesion promoter for metal to metal bonding. PreKote is a flexible surface pretreatment and works with virtually any paint or bonding process including large surface area paint jobs, immersion processes, and touch-up applications.
PreKote Surface Pretreatment has passed stringent testing by the U.S. Department of Defense, the Boeing Company and other coating industry leaders.
• Fastest and easiest pretreatment process
• Provides maximum corrosion protection
• Ensures superior paint adhesion and flexibility
• Saves valuable time and money
• Minimizes number of chemicals used
• Reduces overall process time, getting aircraft back into service faster
• Available in both liquid and wipes
• Use on large surfaces, immersion, or touch-ups
• Safest product available
• Non-toxic: Hexavalent chromium-free*
• Non-hazardous; non-flammable; low VOCs
• Significantly reduces water usage
• Does not automatically trigger CIU status
• Significantly reduces HAZMAT shipping and storage, PPE, and wastewater treatment costs
• Reduces total product and process life cycle costs
PreKote has a long list of environmental, health, and safety benefits. PreKote does non contain chrome and is non-toxic, non-hazardous, non-flammable, non-corrosive, CFC free, odor free, does not deplete ozone, and the liquid is also readily biodegradable upon disposal. Because PreKote is non-hazardous, users can reduce HAZMAT shipping and storage charges. The all-in-one product is simple and easy to use, requiring less rinsing and reducing water consumption.
The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) found PreKote to have environmentally preferable chemistry. PreKote has been recognized with the Design for the Environment (DfE) award. The EPA has also determined that PreKote is not one of the six core metal finishing effluent operations and does not trigger categorical industrial user (CIU) status.
Works on Any Paintable or Prepainted Surface
Aluminum | Anadized | Composite | Galvanized | Magnesium | Plastic | Steel | Titanium