New for 2017 is the Aethon AR15 platform with progressive styling and some added features. Along with styling changes the Aethon upper incorporates forward assist, the lower receiver incorporates added QD mounts on the receiver to mitigate single point sling wrap around on the receiver extension, and the Aethon handguard styling (also with QD mounts) completes the rifle design. This rifle leverages mostly the same lightweight base components as the Balios Lite Gen 2 rifle and weighs in at 5 lbs, 4 oz with a standard full mass carrier. Here are the specs:
- 2A Aethon Lower Receiver - CNC machined 7075-T6 billet with flared mag-well, integrated side QD mounts, hard coat type-III anodized, rear tensioning screw, rear takedown spring retainer, screw in bolt catch pin.
- 2A Aethon Upper Receivers - CNC machined 7075-T6 billet, includes forward assist, mil-spec port door, retained port door rod, M-4 feed ramps, machined indexing marks.
- 2A Full Mass Bolt Carrier (with forward assist) - 8620 machined body with QPQ process, 9310 machined bolt, cryogenically treated , MPT, QPQ process
- 2A Barrel - 16" Pencil profile, 416-R stainless steel, mid-length gas system, 5.56 NATO spec chamber, 1 in 8 twist, 1/2x28 thread, QPQ process, titanium gas block.
- 2A Receiver Extension - 2A Armament buffer tube and 2A latch plate, standard H-Buffer.
- 2A Aethon Handguard - 2A Armament 15" 6061 extruded Aethon styled rail, M-LOK with QD mounts, titanium barrel nut.
- 2A muzzle device - 2A Titanium T3 compensator.
- Charging Handle: BCM-mod4b
- Stock/Grip - MAGPUL MIAD Grip, Mission First minimalist stock.
- Lower Parts - 2A magazine catch, 2A through drilled titanium takedown pins, Mil-spec safety and bolt catch.
- Trigger - ALG-ACT trigger group with optional light or heavy hammer spring.
- Weight - 5.0 lbs 4 oz
- Ships with one MAGPUL P-MAG and die cut foam box
- Product of the Great State of Idaho, MADE IN THE U.S.A.
- Note: 2A Armament lightweight and regulated bolt carriers do not support the forward assist feature on this upper receiver.