United States of America
Ceska zbrojovka Uhersky Brod dates back to 1936, when it was established as a branch plant of Ceska zbrojovka located in town of Strakonice, based on a political decision of the National Defence Council. On 2 January 1937 production of a combined range of military and civilian arms commenced. The first products were aircraft machine guns, military pistols and smallbore rifles. During the Nazi occupation period the plant was forced to produce and repair military arms.
From 1945 the plant returned to the combined range of military and civilian arms, with an equal share of time going into the production of each. In 1950 the Company became a separate state enterprise called “Presne strojirenstvi Uhersky Brod” (The Precision Machine Tooling Company) and was subsequently reorganized into a number of specialized directorates.